Prashar Lake Trek from Mandi
Prashar Lake trek is a perfect weekend trek that is one of a kind experience. Embark on this journey and you will be blessed with the peace, calm and the serenity of this beautiful spot.
Prashar Lake Trek Highlights:
- 9 Kms of easy to moderate trek through the Alpine forest
- Camping near the pristine Prashar Lake
- 360 panoramic view of the mighty Himalayas
- Daily Departures: Available on daily basis for online booking. Hassle free and easy
- Low Batch Requirement: Bookable for even 1 member. Small group size
Prashar Lake Trek Overview
Located in Mandi District of Himachal Pradesh at an altitude of 2730 meters Prashar is known for the holy Prashar Lake, Green meadows, dense forest and the Panoramic view of snow clad mountain ranges of Dhauladhar, Pir Pinjal and Kinnaur.
There are two trek routes to Prashar Lake, one starts from Baggi and the other from Panarsa. The Panarsa route being the more scenic of the two trails. Prashar Lake trek is a year round trek. During winter months of December to mid March you will find the lake frozen with snow around it, making the whole scene quite picturesque. This is the best time to do Prashar lake trek if you enjoy snow. Rest of the year the lake and temple are surrounded by lush green meadows.
Prashar Lake has a perimeter of about 300 meters is decorated by a floating island in it. Crystal clear waters of the lake add to the charm of this beautiful place. A 14th Century pagoda style temple dedicated to the Rishi Parashar stands next to the lake. It is believed that temple was constructed by the king Ban Sen from single deodar tree and it took 12 years to complete the construction.
A walk around the lake gives a mystical experience of calmness of the surrounding. A visit to Prashar is a perfect blend of a spiritual journey and exploring the serene Himalayan Ranges.
Distance from Mandi to Parsahar is about 60 kilometers. Prashar lake trek is a great weekend trip destination option from Delhi NCR and Chandigarh.
Prashar Lake Trek Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival in Mandi - Drive to Baggi - Trek to Prashar Lake and Stay in Camps at Prashar Lake
- On the first day, you will be arriving in Mandi.
- Post arrival you will be driven to Baggi at around 10 AM which will be a 26 kilometres.
- You will be served packed lunch after arrival in Baggi and after a short tour, you would begin the trek.
- The trek to Prashar Lake will be of 9 KM with the experienced trek guide.
- When you reach Prashar Lake you may enjoy photography and witness the sunset at Prashar Lake.
- Post which you may enjoy evening snacks at the camp site in the and hot dinner will be served.
- You will enjoy an overnight camping experience at beautiful Parashar Lake campsite.
Day 2: Trek to Prashar Lake - Trek to Baggi - Drive to Mandi
- On the second day, rise up early if you wish to watch mesmerizing sunrise at Prashar Lake and a brilliant panoramic view of the mighty Himalayas.
- After you relish the warm breakfast, you'll be trekking back to Baggi (9 km).
- Post which you will travel to Mandi.
- Later in the evening you may collect your luggage from the locker room and depart to Delhi, Volvo arrives at around 7pm.
- All Veg meals - Evening Snacks, Packed Lunch, Dinner on Day 1 and Breakfast on Day 2.
- Shared cabs from Mandi to Baggi and to Mandi.
- Stay at Prashar Lake (camping).
- Camping equipments (tent + sleeping bag + sleeping mats + lights).
- Service of experienced guide and helping staff.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2300 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.